If you want to kill it in the real estate industry, there are a lot of tools that you’re going to need to have in your toolbox; a well-developed strategy, interpersonal skills, and unrelenting determination, just to name a few. But there’s another tool that’s just as important: professional photography. While real estate moguls know how invaluable killer photos are, unfortunately, a lot of newbies just aren’t aware of how vital professional pictures are, or they overlook their importance.
Why are professional photos so important? Because they can make the difference between a property that sells in a seconds and at or above asking price and one that sits there for months, if not years, despite constant price drops.
Photos bring a property to life. Before potential buyers even consider looking at a residential or commercial property, they’re going to want to see photos. Sure, you can paint a great picture with descriptive language; but descriptions are limited. Photos give prospective buyers a chance to see what the property looks like before so they can tell if it will fit their needs. The better the pictures are, the more attention they’ll grab, which increases your chances of making a sale.
Finding a Professional Photographer
You can certainly snap some photos on your own, and some of the might come out pretty dang good; however, if you really want to boost the chances of selling a property and climbing to the top of the real estate ladder, you’re going to want to hire a professional photographer.
So how do you hire a professional photographer that you can rely on to take incredible pictures? Do your homework and conduct interviews! Here are some key questions that you should ask a prospective photographer so that you can find the most qualified individual to bring those properties to life.
- Who have you worked with? Find out who they have worked with in the past, and are currently working with. This will help you find out if they are new to the field or if they have been around for a while. It will also give you a chance to find out how they are viewed by the clients that they have worked with. Plus, you’ll be able to find out if they are working with your competitors. Choosing someone that works with your competition probably isn’t the best idea, as he or she may skew your brand or image.
- What about pricing? Prices can determine a photographer’s level of professionalism. The old adage, “you get what you pay for” comes to mind. If the prices seem too good to be true, they probably are; however, if they are exorbitant, you could end up breaking your budget.
- What’s your schedule like? The turnaround times to put properties on the market are super fast and the pressure from sellers is incredibly demanding. With that said, you want to make sure that your photographer will be available when you need his or her services. Find out if they are flexible and if they work with a team of other professionals that produce the same quality photos.
- What other services do you offer? Many professional photographers offer other services, like floor plans, video, and even virtual furniture. Finding someone that offers several services is a great idea because it simplifies invoicing and allows you to get the same quality and reliability from one professional.
- Do you offer a guarantee? A quality photographer will stand behind their work. They should guarantee their services and their turnaround time, which will protect you and your clients if, for any reason, you aren’t satisfied.
Find at least three prospective photographers, and make sure that you ask each one these key questions. Based on the answers to these questions, you’ll be able to get a real feel for the quality of work that the individual provides and whether or not he or she will jive with your needs. With the right photographer, you can really step up your success in the real estate game.